Ground Penetrating Radar and Utilities Mapping
To determine the position and depth of underground utilities we use a combination of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and Radio Detection. This approach drastically improves the chance of detecting all utilities -including utilities made of non-conductive material- in the area under survey.
Once the field work is complete we are able to produce the following reports:
- Autocad drawings showing the utilities position, type and depth
- GPS coordinates of utilities which can be viewed in Google Earth
- 3D images taken with the GPR equipment of the underground utilities
- Marking position, type and depth of utilities onsite using high visibility spray paint
Other application of ground penetrating radar include:
- Mapping of voids or cavities beneath roads, pavements, runways and behind tunnel walls
- Detailed Inspection of concrete structures, determine location of steel reinforcing bars and pre- and post- tensioned cable ducts. GPR can be used in 3D mode to map multiple layers of steel in buildings.
- Determine thickness of road layers